Past Participants and Certificate holders of the Opera Stage Directing Certificate Program are invited to AUDIT the On-Line Series and the In-Person Series for a reduced fee.
Opera Direction Auditing Options:
Level 1: Spring Online Series–Two Options
Auditing Level 1 is only available to those who have previously completed Level 1.
- Audit – 10% of tuition: Auditors may attend all synchronous and asynchronous classes and participate in class discussions. Auditors will not receive individualized feedback on assignments.
- Audit w/feedback – 20% of tuition (strongly recommended for those planning to complete Level 2 this season) : Auditors with Feedback may attend all synchronous and asynchronous classes and will receive individualized feedback on assignments. Assignments are designed to support a deeper understanding of course content and prepare participants for the Level 2 In-person directing experience.
Level 2: Summer In-person Series–Two Options
No scenes assigned or individual feedback given.
- Audit – 10% of tuition: Auditors may attend all events including classes, rehearsals, masterclasses, and performance.
- Auditing Level 2 is only available to current certificate holders.
- Participant Observer – 20% of tuition: Participants may attend all events including classes, rehearsals, masterclasses, and performance.
- Participant Observer only available to those who have previously completed Level 1.
- If you are planning on participating in the In-Person Series in 2024, auditing the On-Line Series will get you ready to complete the 10 Assignments needed to begin that series.
- If you do not plan on participating in the In-Person Series in 2024, or if you have already completed your Certificate, we are still inviting you to Audit the 14-week On-Line Series.
One of the main reasons we have decided to offer these auditing options is so that we could remove the 2-year limit to receive certification. Instead, in whatever season you decide you want to complete Level 2 to earn your certification, we recommend that you Audit Level 1 with Feedback in that season. This will help you to be fully prepared for the hands-on experience of implementing your vision with a team of singers, stage managers, designers, conductors, and all with Chuck’s guiding supervision.
We hope you will take advantage of these opportunities to continue your exploration of the techniques and exercises presented in the curriculum and deepen your understanding of them by discussing them within the group in more detail.
Contact Chuck for more information.