As we slowly return to working in person, I am continuing to present many of my
Acting and Movement Master Classes for singers and stage directors Online.
My master classes are designed to develop techniques in people who intend to make their living from a career in the Performing Arts. I believe in aiding a performer not just to be accidentally or sporadically creative, but to be Successfully Creative: structuring independence by developing skills that allow artists no longer to need constant supervision and direction. My particular focus is to explore performance techniques from a unified physical, dramatic, and vocal standpoint. This is a true marriage of Voice, Acting, and Movement Techniques, creating speech or singing as a consequence of movement, movement that is nourished by vocal techniques, and creating the “Behavioral Life” of a character in action.
Upcoming Master Classes
Live & Asynchronous Video
Advanced Acting Master Class Series
for Singers, Actors, Directors, Librettists, and Composers.
July 6 - August 3
Chuck is an internationally recognized Master Teacher of Acting and Movement Skills for singers, including Coaching Audition Material from a dramatic and presentational standpoint. He offers this work at Universities, Conservatories, and Professional Artist Training Programs around the world.
- Acting and Movement Techniques for Singers and Actors (Series)
- Preparing a Role (Series)
- Creating the Arc of Character in Opera (Series)
- Creating Action in Opera
- Arias and Action: A 3 Dimensional Technique for Auditioning and Solo Performance
- Creating the Arc of Character in an Audition
- Act Bigger : Presentational Techniques to play in larger houses
- Trouser Roles and Cross Gender Performance
- Comedy and Comic Timing
- Generating Dramatic Presence
- Monologues for Singers
- Period Style Movement Techniques: Baroque to Victorian
- Master Classes and Mentoring for Stage Directors
- Creativity Training for Performing Artists