REVOLUTIONIZE YOUR APPROACH TO ACTING IN OPERA.
My Master Classes provide opera singers with the Acting Skills they need, helping them to act truthfully while singing, and to be confident while auditioning.
I believe in aiding a performer not just to be accidentally creative, but to be Successfully Creative, structuring independence by exploring performance techniques from a unified physical, dramatic, and vocal standpoint so that singers no longer need constant supervision and direction.
This is a true marriage of Voice, Acting, and Movement Techniques, creating speech or singing as a consequence of movement, movement that is nourished by vocal techniques, and creating the “Behavioral Life” of a character in action.
Acting & Movement Master Classes for singers and stage directors
In-Person and Virtual Sessions
Upcoming Master Classes
Ithaca College School of Graduate & Professional Studies
Live & Asynchronous Video
In Person Residency
Invest in yourself with a skill-based curriculum ideal for stage directors, operatic singers, or teachers with a career interest in opera direction.
Online: Jan 24 - May 1 2024
In Person: June 2024
Chuck is an internationally recognized Master Teacher of Acting and Movement Skills for singers, including Coaching Audition Material from a dramatic and presentational standpoint. He offers this work at Universities, Conservatories, and Professional Artist Training Programs around the world.
2023 Programs include:
Opera Stage Direction Certificate Program: Virtual & Ithaca College, NY
My Voice My Body with Bel Canto Boot Camp: NYC
Acting & Movement/ Arias & Action at Academy of Vocal Arts: Philadelphia
- Acting and Movement Techniques for Singers and Actors (Series)
- Preparing a Role (Series)
- Creating the Arc of Character in Opera (Series)
- Creating Action in Opera
- Arias and Action: A 3 Dimensional Technique for Auditioning and Solo Performance
- Creating the Arc of Character in an Audition
- Act Bigger : Presentational Techniques to play in larger houses
- Trouser Roles and Cross Gender Performance
- Comedy and Comic Timing
- Generating Dramatic Presence
- Monologues for Singers
- Period Style Movement Techniques: Baroque to Victorian
- Opera Stage Direction: Master Classes and Mentoring (Series)
- Creativity Training for Performing Artists